Saturday, February 28, 2015

first float

Tried a floatation tank for the first time today.

If you try it, avoid getting the "amniotic fluid" in your eyes.  And whatever you do, don't get half a drop of it up your nose, it really stings.

The weightlessness really does change the perception of your body.  I felt a whole-body awareness that is just out of reach with clothes and chairs and weight.

But the most interesting part was a vision of time.  I saw the hours of the day on a 24 hour clockface, with images of how i spent those hours.  That photographic clock extended in a spiral through the years.  That spiral of moment, is life.

The thoughts associated with this image:

  • how am I using that time?  
  • how is it balanced?
  • who am I spending it with?
  • what are the quality of the moments?  
  • what changes do I need to make?
  • what little things can I add to make sure I can cherish the days?
The goal is simply to be able to cherish our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment